It was a day of entertainment for Royal Challengers Bangalore’s fans as they witnessed the blistering knocks off the duo, Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers together. The Gujarat Lions bowlers were smashed all over the park in the limited overs game. With the tons of Virat and ABD, RCB set up a mammoth total of 248 runs on the score-board against the visitors The Gujarat Lions.
Here are the records set up by the Royal Challengers Bangalore’s batsmen:
1) 248 runs is the second-highest score for Royal Challengers Bangalore in IPL. They also hold the record total of 263 runs, which was against Pune Warriors India made in IPL 2013.
2) Virat Kohli (109) and AB de Villiers (129*) scored hundreds at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore. It’s the second time two players from the same team scored hundreds in a match. Earlier, Kevin O’Brien (119) and Hamish Marshall (102) scored hundreds in the same innings during English County in 2011.
3) Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers now have 4 century partnerships between them, which is most by a pair in a single IPL season.
4) Royal Challengers Bangalore’s batsmen scored 112 runs in the last five overs against the Gujarat Lions, which is the highest score by any team in IPL.
5) AB de Villiers scored 112 runs with boundaries in his knock of 129 not out. He smashed 10 fours and 12 sixes during his scintillating innings.
6) The 229-runs partnership between Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers is now the highest of all T20 matches. The duo broke their own record, which was 215 runs against Mumbai Indians in IPL 2015.
7.) 144 runs victory for Royal Challengers Bangalore against the Gujarat Lions is the biggest win for a team in IPL history on the basis of runs.